- Marie Sklodowska-Curie Action (MSCA) Fellowship, European Commission
Project: Disconnect2Reconnect? Understanding Well-Being in an Increasingly Digital Society. Runs from January 2021 – December 2022.
- “Strengthening the IKMZ-Community”, Department of Communication and Media Research, University of Zurich
Project: Between connected and disconnected: Understanding people’s management of digital media use in everyday life.
- Emerging Scholar Research Grant, International Communication Association (ICA), Mobile Communication Interest Group.
Project: Smartphones and social media fatigue: The motivations for and experiences with social media disconnection on mobile media.
- Project Grant, Web Use Project.
Project: Interviewing young adults about social media disconnection.
- GRC Travel Grant, University of Zurich
Purpose: To attend a data science course at Utrecht University and visit Tilburg University, The Netherlands.
- Netherlands-Flanders Communication Association
Purpose: Grant to organize a 1-day symposium on Visual Health Communication.
- Digital Communication Methods Lab Seed Grant, Research Priority Area Communication, University of Amsterdam.
Project: Theorizing personalization versus customization effects in mobile communication technologies using behavioural tracking data.
Co-applicants: dr. Nadine Bol and dr. Annemiek Linn.
- UvA385 Lustrum Grant, University of Amsterdam.
Purpose: To do a research visit to the University of Kentucky (prof. dr. Nancy Harrington) and the University of Utah (prof. dr. Jakob Jensen).
- ASCoR PhD Research Visit Fund, University of Amsterdam.
Purpose: To visit the Florida State University, to collaborate with prof. dr. Mia Lustria and colleagues for a research project on digital tailored health communication.
- ASCoR PhD scholarship, University of Amsterdam.
Purpose: Scholarship to attend the summer school organized by the European Association for Communication in Healthcare.
Awards & Recognitions
- Top Paper Award, International Communication Association (ICA), Communication and Technology Division, Gold Coast, Australia. *Virtual conference
- Top 3 Finalist 2020 Abby Prestin Dissertation of the Year Award, International Communication Association (ICA), Health Communication Division.
- Top Downloaded Paper between January 2018-December 2019 in European Journal of Cancer Care (Wiley).
- Top Poster Award, GeriOnNe Symposium Cancer in Elderly, The Netherlands.
- Cum laude (with distinction), PhD in Communication Science, Amsterdam School of Communication Research/ASCoR, University of Amsterdam.
- Top Finalist 2018 Public Health Dissertation Award, NCVGZ, Dutch Conference for Public Health, Utrecht, The Netherlands.
- Top Student Paper Award, International Communication Association (ICA), Communication and Technology Division, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Honourable Mention Poster Award, Kentucky Conference on Health Communication (KCHC), Lexington KY, USA.
- Top Student Paper Award, Kentucky Conference on Health Communication (KCHC), Lexington KY, USA.
- Cum laude (with distinction), MSc in Communication Science, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands.