I have taught and (co-)developed a range of theoretical and methodological courses, and have supervised thesis projects.
Bachelor courses (undergraduate level), Communication Science
– Digital Media and Health Communication (English, 2019)
– Mobile Media in Everyday Life (English, 2019)
– Introduction to Communication Science (Dutch and English, 2015 – 2017)
– Research practicum: Experiment (Dutch, 2016 – 2017)
– Internship supervision of 15+ students (Dutch, 2015 – 2017)
Master courses (graduate level), Communication Science
– Intensive Survey Analytics (English, 2015 – 2018)
– Research Practice Seminar (English, 2018)
Master thesis supervision
– Kirsten van der Eijken (2018). Thesis project: Knowledge is power? Investigating the relation between online health information use and patient participation during oncological consultations”. *AWARDED with the 2019 Amanda L. Kundrat Master Thesis Award from the ICA/NCA Health Communication Division.
– Lizzy Hissink (2019). Thesis project: The effect of tailored online health information for younger and older colorectal cancer patients’ information recall.
– Isabella Sundberg-Ingelman (2017). Thesis project: Self-selection option of information presentation: The future of online advertising?